Banza Alla Vodka
Recipe Type: Vegan Pasta
- 1 box of Banza
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 28-oz can crushed fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Handful fresh basil, chopped, to garnish
- Drain the soaked cashews. Add to the blender along with the water. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- In a large deep skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and garlic and saut̩ for 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Pour the vodka and let it reduce by half.
- Pour in the broth, tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Bring the sauce to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package.
- Once the sauce is done simmering, stir in the cashew cream and nutritional yeast. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Stir in the cooked pasta, mixing well until thoroughly combined.
- Portion onto serving dishes and top with fresh chopped basil.