Banza Tricolor Rice Rainbow Salad
This recipe is brought to us by Jose at @onward.onguard!
- 2 1/2 cups Banza Tricolor Rice
- 1 1/2 cups purple carrot, shredded
- 1 cup purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Fresh spring onion (to garnish)
- Splash of lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Crispy Chickpeas: 1 can of chickpeas, 1 Tbsp avocado oil, 1/2 tsp sea salt, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, + 1tsp paprika
- Dressing: 2 Tbsp Tahini, 2 Tbsp brown miso, 4 Tbsp lemon juice, + 2 Tbsp water
- Crisp your chickpeas: Preheat your oven to 350 F. Rinse and drain chickpeas. Place them in a large plate and pat them dry using a paper towel or kitchen cloth to extract as much moisture as possible. We want the skin out, so this will help remove it easily. Once chickpeas are super dry, coat them in 1 Tbsp of avocado oil. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the chickpeas apart. Bake for 45-50 minutes. Remove from the oven and add seasonings. Let chickpeas air dry and cool down so they become crispy.
- Cook your Banza Tricolor Rice: Boil Banza Tricolor Rice in salted water according to the package instructions. Once cooked, drizzle with olive oil. Once Banza Tricolor Rice has cooled down, add the rest of the salad ingredients.
- Make your dressing: Mix dressing ingredients together. Drizzle dressing onto salad and mix thoroughly. Add chickpeas on top, as desired.