Banzanella Pasta Salad
Cook Time: 25 MINUTES
Serves: 2-4 PEOPLE
- 1 box Banza wheels
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh basil, finely chopped
- 3-4 roma tomatoes, quartered
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella balls
- Avocado, diced
- Make Dressing: Preheat oven to 475°F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Line a baking sheet with foil. In a large bowl, whisk together 3 tbsp olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, Dijon, half of basil. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired. Set dressing aside until Step 5.
- Roast Tomatoes: Add half of the tomatoes to the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper as desired. Bake until lightly blistered and soft, 8-10 minutes.
- Cook Banza: While tomatoes roast, add Banza to boiling water and cook according to package directions. Strain but don't rinse, and set aside.
- Crisp Banza: Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. When oil is shimmering, add the drained wheels and cook until slightly crispy, stirring frequently, 2-3 minutes.
- Finish Banzanella: To bowl with dressing, add Banza, roasted tomatoes, remaining raw tomatoes, red onion, mozzarella, avocado, and remaining basil and toss to combine. Enjoy!