Recipe of the week: brought to you by Ali Heller
Serves: 4 servings
For more delicious recipes by Ali, follow @whatalieats on Instagram
- 1 box Banza Shells
- 1 head of Broccoli
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Summer Squash
- 2 handfuls fresh basil (about 1 cup packed)
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese (or dairy-free cream cheese to make vegan)
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 tsp hemp seeds
- salt & pepper to taste
- splash of water to thin if desired
- Pre-Heat oven for 400_F.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil over high heat. Cook and rinse shells according to package instructions. Set aside.
- While the pasta cooks, cut broccoli into florets. and slice zucchini and summer squash into 1/2 an inch thick slices. Toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast at 400_ F for 30 minutes, or until soft and crispy on the outside.
- Place walnuts, olive oil, lemon juice, parmesan cheese and basil in a food processor or small blender and blend until smooth, adding 1 - 2 tablespoons of water as necessary.
- Add pesto to pot with pasta and mix until thoroughly combined. Portion onto plates and top with roasted vegetables and a teaspoon of hemp seeds.