- 1 box Banza Penne
- 4 red beets, trimmed and cut into 1 and 1/2 inch chunks (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook 8 ounces of pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash and scrub beets and trim stems. On a large baking sheet, add a layer of aluminum foil. Place the beets on a single layer and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat the beets with the oil. Place another layer of foil over the beets and tightly wrap the beets with foil. Roast in the oven at 425 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until tender (check after 1 hour). Remove from oven.
- When beets have cooled, remove the skin using your hands. Be careful as beets will stain your hands red. After beets are peeled, cut into thirds and place the beets in a food processor.
- Next add the olive oil, garlic, pine nuts, lemon juice, water, basil, tarragon, sea salt, and black pepper. Process until smooth. Add to pasta and stir to combine. Serve.