Bowtie Pasta Salad
Cook Time: 15 MINUTES
Serves: 2-4 PEOPLE
- 1 box Banza Bowties
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Juice of .5 lemon
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ pint multi-colored cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup mini tri-color bell peppers, thinly sliced crosswise into rings
- ½ cup fresh mozzarella pearls
- ½ avocado, cut into small pieces
- Small basil leaves and microgreens, for garnish
- Cook Banza: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add Banza Bowties and cook according to package directions. Strain pasta with cold water to stop cooking and set aside.
- Make Dressing: While pasta cooks, in a large bowl combine vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, oregano, garlic and olive oil. Whisk until combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired. Alternatively, add all dressing ingredients to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Finish Pasta: Once pasta is cooked and cooled, add to large bowl with dressing along with vegetables and mozzarella and toss gently to combine. Garnish with avocado and herbs.
• Note: this is meant to be served cold
• If making ahead, cook the pasta for a few minutes less than normal, toss with a glug of olive oil and store covered in the refrigerator. Complete Step 3 when ready to serve.