- 1 Box Banza Rotini
- 1/2 bunch Kale
- 6 oz. Hazelnuts
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 4 oz. Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
- 3 oz. Black and Bolyard Original Unfiltered Brown Butter
- to taste Lemon Juice
- to taste Lemon Zest
- to taste Sea Salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season the water liberally with salt.
- Heat a small saute pan over medium-low heat. Add hazelnuts to the pan and toast stirring often until they just begin to get light brown in color and are fragrant. Roughly chop and set aside.
- Using a chef's knife, gently tap the garlic cloves between the heel of the knife and the cutting board. Discard the skin of the garlic and finely slice the cloves.
- Cut the kale into 1/2" slices and reserve.
- Drop 8 oz. of pasta into the boiling salted water and stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Simultaneously, melt the 3 oz. of Black & Bolyard Original Unfiltered Brown Butter Brown Butter in a large pan. Add the sliced garlic, stir and toast until golden for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sliced kale to the pan and wilt down.
- Add the toasted hazelnuts to the pan and season everything lightly with sea salt.
- When the pasta is slightly al dente, strain from the boiling water and add to pan with a few splashes of the pasta water from the pot. Cook for another minute to meld the components and toss to coat the pasta.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and fresh lemon juice in the pan, then transfer to bowls.
- With a microplane or semi-fine cheese grater, grate a generous amount of Parmigiano Reggiano over the top of the pasta. Using the same microplane, zest the lemons over the pasta as well.