Recipe of the week: brought to you by Laurie Lloyd
Serves: 4 servings
For more delicious recipes by Laurie, follow @LivLight_ on Instagram
- 1 Box Banza Ziti
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 lb butternut squash, chopped and divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch garlic powder
- 6 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Bring medium sauce pan to a boil and cook Banza according to package.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When it shimmers, add minced garlic and saut̩ until golden brown, about 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add almond milk to the skillet and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Add 2 cups squash, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat, and simmer until thick and squash has softened, about 30 minutes.
- While the squash simmers, place remaining squash on a parchment-lined baking sheet and drizzle with remaining coconut oil, salt and pepper. Bake until slightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer almond milk and squash mixture in skillet to a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth, about 30-40 seconds. Pour the smooth sauce back into the skillet; add drained pasta and roasted squash from the oven. Stir well to combine. Divide into dishes and garnish with chopped parsley.