Creamy Vegan Herb + Pumpkin Penne
This recipe is brought to us by Britt + Ash at @twinskitchen!
- 1 box Banza Penne
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup plant milk of choice
- 1/4 cup reserved pasta water
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, + more to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan (optional)
- Cook Banza pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water then drain pasta and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, then saut̩ the garlic and onion until golden and fragrant, about 5-10 minutes.
- Slowly add the milk, reserved water, pumpkin, sea salt, and black pepper, whisking to combine. Once boiling, lower the heat and stir in the sage.
- Adjust sea salt and spices to taste. Remove from heat and add nutritional yeast. Transfer sauce to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Return sauce to skillet and toss with cooked pasta. Serve garnished with additional spices and plant-based parmesan as desired.