Dal Tadka with Chickpea Rice
This Home Chef recipe is brought to us by Abi Guna at @veg2nonveg_kitchen!
- 1 bag Banza chickpea rice
- 1 cup of split pigeon peas (Toor dal)
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 4 garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder
- 1 whole red chili
- 2 green chili
- ½ cup of onion (chopped)
- ½ cup of tomato (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro for garnishing
- In an Instant pot, add the split pigeon peas (Toor dal), onion, tomato, green chili, turmeric powder, salt and water.
- Change the Instant Pot setting to 'Manual' or 'Pressure Cook' mode and cook at high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare Banza chickpea rice according to package instructions.
- After the Instant Pot beeps, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then transfer the cooked dal to a bowl.
- Now to make tadka, heat a small pan and add oil, cumin seeds, sliced garlic, whole red chili and red chili powder.
- Pour the tadka on top of the dal.
- Serve Dal Tadka with Banza chickpea rice and garnish with fresh cilantro.