Fall Gemelli Pasta Salad
We teamed up with our friends at Stasher Bag to bring you this recipe. Tote it to work in your Stasher Bags to add some fall festiveness to your daily desk lunch routine.
- 2 boxes Banza Gemelli
- 2tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 10 oz frozen and cubed butternut squash
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, top trimmed + halved
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 6 oz spinach
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 6 oz goat cheese, crumbled or cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Cook Banza Gemelli according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a large cast iron skillet. Add the butternut squash. Cook on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the butternut squash is cooked through. Season with a pinch of salt. Transfer the butternut squash to a dish and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil to the same cast iron skillet. Make sure the oil is hot. Now add the brussels sprouts, cut side down, and cook on medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes. Toss the Brussels sprouts and cook for another 5 minutes until nicely browned and tender. Sprinkle with salt. Transfer to the same dish with the butternut squash.
- Now, make the sauce in the same cast iron skillet. Melt the butter over medium-high heat, swirling occasionally, until browned. Remove from heat and add the shallots and garlic. Stir until fragrant (less than 1 minute). Return to medium heat and add the olive oil and lemon juice. Stir in the lemon zest and a pinch of salt. Keep the sauce in the cast iron skillet on medium heat.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and stir until pasta is well coated. Season with a little more salt, black pepper, ground cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir in baby spinach and parsley. Then add the cooked butternut squash and brussels sprouts. Cook everything together on medium heat, stirring regularly, until warmed through.
- Transfer the warm rotini pasta salad to a large bowl. Top with goat cheese and toasted pine nuts. Serve warm or at room temperature with extra goat cheese on the side. Enjoy!