Fresh Cherry Tomato Rotini
- 1 box Banza Rotini
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided use
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 pack cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup pasta cooking water
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- Basil leaves, torn
- Bring a salted pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil and the crushed cloves of garlic. Cook until they begin to soften.
- Dump the pack of cherry tomatoes into the skillet. Sprinkle with a generous amount of salt and turn the heat to high. Keep a careful watch to make sure the garlic doesn't start to burn. If it does, turn down the heat.
- Add Banza to boiling water and cook until al dente, about 6 minutes. Just before straining, remove 1/2 cup of water and reserve. Strain, rinse and reserve cooked pasta.
- Add the reserved pasta water and remaining 3 tbsp of olive oil to the skillet with the garlic and cherry tomatoes. Mix well, crushing some of the tomatoes and leaving others whole, until an emulsified sauce forms.
- Add pasta to the skillet along with the parmesan cheese and mix until every noodle is coated. Plate, topped with basil for garnish.