Grown-Up Vegan Cream Cheese Noodles
This recipe is brought to us by Casey at @themindfulhapa!
- 1 box Banza Shells
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- ½ sweet onion, finely chopped
- 5 large carrots, peeled & chopped in rounds
- 1 ¼ cups green beans, chopped in thin rounds (~1 cm thick)
- 1 ¼ cups asparagus, chopped in thin rounds (~1 cm thick)
- 4 - 6oz vegan cream cheese
- 4 tbsp vegan butter
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat 1.5 Tbsp of olive oil on medium heat in a saute pan/cast iron skillet. Add chopped onion and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until onions just start to brown.
- Add carrot rounds and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, until carrots start to brown. Set aside carrot/onion mixture in a small bowl.
- Add an additional 1.5 Tbsp of olive oil to same pan, along with chopped green beans and asparagus rounds. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until preferred texture is reached (1-2 minutes ensures vegetables still have a little crunch!) and set aside with the onion/carrot mixture.
- Cook Banza shells according to package instructions.
- After draining pasta, add back into the large saucepan you used to cook pasta.
- While pasta is still warm, add vegan butter/cream cheese and stir until combined. Add additional cream cheese for extra creaminess!
- Once combined, stir in cooked vegetables and add salt + pepper to taste. Serve immediately and enjoy!