- 12 oz Wheels
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 pinch white sugar (optional)
- 1 cup seeded and sliced jalape̱o peppers
- 1 cup seeded and sliced red Fresno chili peppers
- 1 cup seeded and sliced yellow and red mini bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Place heavy skillet over medium heat and pour olive oil into hot skillet; add green onions and anchovy fillet. Cook and stir until anchovy breaks down and green onions are tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic to skillet and cook until translucent, about 1 minute.
- Stir zucchini into green onion mixture; cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini slices just start to become tender, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper; cook until zucchini centers start to change color to slightly green, 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Pour tomato sauce and chicken stock into skillet. Reduce heat to low; add sugar. Mix jalape̱os, Fresno, yellow mini pepper, and orange mini pepper rings into mixture. Bring sauce to a simmer and reduce heat to low. Mix in about 1 1/2 teaspoons parsley.
- Pour wheels pasta into boiling water and cook, stirring often, until pasta is still slightly firm. Drain and plate with sauce. Serve in bowls and top with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and remaining 1/2 teaspoon parsley.