Instant Pot Indian Masala Gemelli
This recipe is brought to us by Tisha at @tishasveggieeats!
- 1 box Banza Gemelli Pasta
- 1 small Onion
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Ginger, minced
- Spices: Smoked Paprika, Cumin, Turmeric, dash of Cayenne, Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 14.5 oz can Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 6 oz can Tomato Paste
- 1/2 tsp Honey
- Spinach, Arugula, & Herb Mix
- Cook Banza: In a pot of salted boiling water, cook gemelli until al dente.
- Prep veggies for the sauce. Then set Instant Pot to Sauté mode. Add in 1/2 tsp of ghee & cook onions, garlic, & ginger until caramelized.
- Add in spices & sauté for another 1-2 mins. Hit Cancel۪.
- Add in diced tomatoes, broth, garam masala, nutritional yeast, & red crushed pepper. Gently stir for about 30 seconds.
- Finally, add in dollops of tomato pasta, ghee, & honey in center of Instant Pot. Do not stir! Carefully close Instant Pot lid & ensure steam knob is turned to Sealing۪.
- Hit Pressure Cook۪ on High & set time to 15 mins. Let it do its thanggg.
- Once cooked, hit Cancel۪ and Keep Warm, & set time to 10 mins (this is the quick release method).
- Once quick release is complete, use a towel to carefully turn steam valve to Venting۪. Wait a few seconds for the metal piece next to it to drop back down, signaling that it is safe to open.
- Add in leafy greens & stir in order to wilt slightly. Then add in 1/2 of cooked pasta. Gently stir everything together.
- Serve in a bowl topped with fresh cilantro, if desired.