Kitchari with Garlic Olive Oil Rice
This recipe is brought to us by Armani at @PCOSgirl_!
- 1 bag Banza Garlic Olive Oil Rice
- 1/4 cup red lentils, dried
- 1 Tbsp ghee (or butter)
- 1-2 tsp cumin
- 1-2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- Bring 2-3 cups of water to a boil over medium heat. Once water is boiling, add the red lentils.
- After 5 minutes, add the Banza Rice to the pot with the lentils and cook for 5 more minutes, stirring every so often.
- Once finished cooking, strain, rinse, and add back into the pot over low heat.
- Add the rice flavor packet, ghee, minced ginger, turmeric, and cumin to the pot and stir until mixed well.
- Serve plain, topped with yogurt and/or veggies, or tossed into a salad. Armani added Armenian cucumbers and coconut yogurt to hers!