Lemon Basil Gemelli Pasta Salad
This recipe is brought to us by Mandi at www.dashofmandi.com and @dashofmandi!
- 8 oz. box of Banza Gemelli pasta
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup shredded asiago cheese (shredded parmesan also works)
- 1/2 cup basil, thinly sliced/chopped
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Cook 1 box Banza Gemelli pasta according to package instructions. For pasta salad, I prefer mine al dente so I go about 1 minute under the suggested cook time.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a small bowl whisk together the lemon vinaigrette ingredients by combining the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, garlic, dijon, red wine vinaigrette, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse the pasta with cold water.
- In a large bowl add pasta and lemon vinaigrette. Mix to combine.
- Add lemon zest, shredded cheese, and basil. Toss around. Taste and add more lemon juice/zest, salt and/or pepper if necessary.
- Cover and refrigerate until it۪s chilled enough for your liking! Or eat right away if you can۪t wait like me.