Lobster Fra Diavolo
This Banza Home Chef recipe is brought to us by Matt from @wesaygravy!
- 1 ½ lb Lobster, cleaned and split in half
- 6 Littleneck Clams
- 6-10 Mussels
- 6-10 Peeled & Deveined Shrimp
- 6 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 Cup Parsley, chopped
- 2 Cups White Wine
- 1 TBS Tomato Paste
- ½ Lemon, juiced
- 1 Can Pureed Tomatoes
- 1 TBS Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Package Banza Angel Hair
- Heat 2 TBS Olive Oil in a sauté pan on med-high heat, sauté shrimp 2 minutes on each side, or until they turn orange. Set Aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large pot of water for the Angel Hair (don't cook the pasta yet).
- In the pan you cooked the shrimp in, add another 1 TBS Olive Oil, the lobster pieces, season with salt/pepper, and cook for 12 minutes flipping occasionally (Break apart lobster tail from body and claws from body).
- Set aside lobster pieces (except for the claws) after cooking for 10-12 minutes.
- Add 1 TBS olive oil to pan, half of the chopped garlic, 1 TBS parsley, and the clams and mussels - cook for 30 seconds.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine, stir clams/mussels, and cover for 5 minutes.
- Take lid off, and set aside clams and mussels that have opened. (The littlenecks take longer to open. If they eventually don't open, throw them out).
- Your pan should now just have the lobster claws in them. Add the rest of the garlic, Tomato paste, red pepper flakes, 1 TBS parsley, and lemon juice. Season with salt/pepper, Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the lobster pieces back in, and then add the tomato puree. Stir.
- Add 1 ladle of the boiling water, stir. Simmer the lobster in the sauce for 10 minutes.
- Salt the pot of boiling water, and add the Banza Angel Hair pasta.
- Take the lobster back out. Once the pasta is cooked (~3 minutes), add it to the pan with the sauce. Stir.
- Add lobster, clams, shrimp, top with the rest of chopped parsley and serve.