Mushroom, Goat Cheese, and Spinach Pasta Bake
- 1 box Banza ziti
- 1 Tlbs. unsalted butter
- 8 oz. cremini mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 2-qt baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Season liberally with salt, it should taste like the sea. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat a large skillet to a medium-high heat. Add butter. Once butter is melted, add mushrooms. Toss mushrooms in butter and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and salt, cook another minute until garlic is softened. Reduce the heat to low.
- Add cooked pasta, spinach, goat cheese, and ¼ cup of reserved cooking liquid., and remaining salt. Toss until cheese has melted and spinach has wilted, about 2 minutes. Turn the heat off.
- Add in ¼ cup parmesan cheese, season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to baking dish, sprinkle with remaining parmesan.
- Bake until cheese is melted and slightly browned.