NYC Pepperoni Pizza Lasagna
GOOD FOR: When you want a little slice of the Big Apple, when you're tired of ordering plain ol' pizza, when your BFF would prefer a birthday lasagna over a birthday cake.
- 1 Box Banza Lasagna noodles
- 15-25 pepperoni slices, chopped (save 5-6 unchopped for topping)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 can whole tomatoes
- 10 basil leaves, chopped
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Make the sauce: Crush the tomatoes with your hands in a large bowl. Add the basil leaves, parsley, dried oregano, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder and mix with hands.
- Build the lasagna: Add 1/3 of the sauce to the bottom of a 9 x 13 in. baking dish and spread evenly. Layer lasagna noodles over sauce. Next, spread 1/3 of the ricotta over the noodles. Add 1/3 of the chopped pepperoni over the ricotta, and sprinkle 1/3 of the mozzarella on top. Repeat 2 more times (sauce, noodle, ricotta, pepperoni, mozz), making sure to reserve the last of the sauce and mozzarella. Top the last layer of mozzarella with noodles, the remaining sauce, and then the remaining mozz. Finish with whole pepperoni slices.
- Bake the Lasagna: Cover the lasagna with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove cover and cook for 20 more mins., or until cheese is golden and bubbly. Garnish with chopped fresh basil leaves and let sit for 15 mins. before serving. Enjoy!
This recipe is brought to us by Jason at @chophappy and www.chophappy.com!