Pesto + Mushroom Vegan Lasagna
- 1 box Banza Lasagna
- 4 tbsp Gluten-Free flour
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot
- 1 cup vegan pesto (we used Gotham Greens' Vegan Pesto)
- 1 1/2 cups Kite Hill Dairy-Free Ricotta
- 2 cups button mushrooms
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Cook the Mushrooms: In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until crispy on one side. Then salt and flip until crispy on the other. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Make the Bechamel: In the same pan, add 2 more tbsp olive oil, garlic, and shallot, and saut̩ for 1 min. Add flour and cook for 5 mins., stirring frequently. When the flour is dry and bubbly, add the almond milk. Stir until creamy, about 1 min., and then remove from the heat.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the Kite Hill Ricotta and the vegan pesto.
- Assemble Lasagna: Spread 3/4 cup b̩chamel sauce in the bottom of a 9 x 13 in. baking dish. Add 4 Banza Lasagna noodles, and top with mushrooms, b̩chamel, and pesto ricotta. Repeat layers 2 more times (b̩chamel, noodles, mushrooms, b̩chamel, pesto ricotta), ending with mushrooms and pesto ricotta.
- Bake: Cover & bake for 40 mins. Remove lid and broil for 5 mins. to allow top to get golden brown.