RIGATONI WITH ZUCCHINI RIBBONS
- 1 box Banza Rigatoni
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 zucchinis, rinsed, trimmed and cut into ribbons
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 2 tomatoes, chopped, with their juice
- Freshly grated Parmesan or freshly chopped parsley for garnish.
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a pot of salted water to a rolling boil.
- While water boils, heat olive oil in a large pan over a medium flame. Add zucchini, onion and thyme, and cook, stirring occasionally. Add salt and pepper and reduce heat so onion and zucchini release their liquid without browning.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, or until very tender.
- Add tomatoes and their liquid to zucchini and raise heat a bit so mixture bubbles. Cook pasta until it is nearly but not quite tender. If sauce threatens to dry out, add a little pasta water.
- Drain pasta and finish cooking it in sauce.
- Serve, garnished with parsley or Parmesan.