Roasted Acorn Squash Ziti with Brown Butter and Ricotta
- 1 box Banza ziti
- 1 acorn squash, diced into 1-inch pieces (skin on)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F degrees. Toss with olive oil, salt and cinnamon. Roast until softened and slightly caramelized, about 20-25 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Season with salt - it should taste like the sea. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- While the pasta cooks, melt butter in a large non-stick pan over a medium-high heat. Once the butter begins to brown, pick it up and swirl the pan until it turns a dark chestnut brown and smells nutty, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from flame.
- Toss the pasta, squash, and parmesan cheese in the brown butter. Dollop ricotta in pasta, and just barely toss until the ricotta is evenly distributed, but not completely combined into the pasta.
- Garnish with more parmesan cheese if desired.