Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- 1 box Banza Penne
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced shallots
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 1/2 cup Ripple Half & Half
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, increase to 1/2 tsp if you like more spice
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Heat oven to 500°F. Place whole peppers on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until charred, rotating to get all of the skin black and crispy (about 10 - 15 minutes). Remove from oven and cover in foil for 10 minutes to steam. Remove foil, and peel away charred skin, seeds, and stems.
- Cook penne according to instructions on the package, drain and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and sauté shallot and garlic in 2-3 tbsp of olive oil until golden brown and fragrant. Remove from heat.
- Transfer shallot, garlic, roasted peppers, Ripple Half & Half, red pepper flakes, nutritional yeast and cornstarch to a blender and process until smooth. Add salt & pepper to taste. Add water as needed to thin out the sauce.
- Transfer pasta to skillet used to sauté the onion and garlic. Add sauce and toss to coat.
- Top with fresh parsley and enjoy.