Spaghetti with Golden Beets + Greens
- 1 box Banza Spaghetti
- 1 large golden beet, scrubbed and peeled
- 2 handfuls beet greens or arugula
- 3 tbsp olive oil (plus more for drizzling)
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan
- ¼ cup pine nuts (toasted)
- Cook Banza Spaghetti according to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, grate golden beets over a large bowl using the largest setting of a box grater.
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the beets and ¼ cups of water. Cook until water has evaporated and beets are beginning to brown.
- Turn down heat, add sliced garlic and beet greens and cook for 5 minutes, or until garlic begins to turn just slightly golden and beet greens have wilted.
- Remove from heat. (If the pasta is not yet ready, transfer the garlic to a separate dish to prevent it from overcooking.)
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it. Then immediately stir in the beet mixture, pine nuts and Parmesan cheese. Toss until combined.
- Serve immediately, topped with extra Parmesan cheese (and toasted pine nuts, if using).