Summer Spinach Caprese
For more delicious recipes by Cait, follow @caitsplate on Instagram
- 3-4 large handfuls of fresh spinach
- 3-4 cloves peeled garlic
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup walnut halves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 box Banza Ziti
- 1 10 oz. container cherry tomatoes, washed and halved
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 oz. container fresh mozzarella balls
- Fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Add spinach, garlic, cheese, and walnuts to a food processor and pulse 10 - 15 times until everything starts to blend.
- Begin to process, and slowly stream in olive oil pausing after about 1 minute to scrape down the sides of the food processor.
- Cover again and continue to blend adding more olive oil as needed until you've reached your desired thinness.
- Heat a pot of boiling water on the stove and cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add cherry tomatoes and a pinch of salt, saut̩ing until the outside skin just begins to wrinkle (the tomato should be soft but not complete mush).
- Drain the pasta, rinse, and return to pot it was cooked in.
- Add pesto to pasta and toss until well combined.
- Add pasta to a large bowl, top with tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, a sprinkling of salt, chopped basil and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.