- 1 box Banza rotini
- 1 cup packed spinach
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 small garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- Water if necessary
- 1 ½ cup diced leftover turkey
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Season with salt. It should taste like the sea. Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup of starch cooking liquid.
- In a blender, add spinach walnuts, ¼ parmesan, garlic, ¼ teaspoon salt, lemon zest and juice. Pulse until the mixture is roughly chopped. Use a spoon to scrape down the sides as necessary. Continue to pulse while slowly adding in olive oil, again, use a spoon to scrape down the sides as necessary. Pulse until the mixture has a pesto consistency. If necessary, add a teaspoon of water to loosen pesto up. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain and add to a serving bowl. Top with remaining salt, pesto and turkey. Toss until combined. If necessary, add a little bit of starchy cooking water to loosen the sauce up. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with parmesan cheese.