Turmeric Chicken Porridge
- 1 pouch Banza Rice
- 1 20oz Nona Lim Turmeric Chicken Bone Broth Pouch (or 2 Nona Lim Turmeric Chicken Bone Broth Heat + Sip Cups)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Suggested Toppings: 4 sprigs of cilantro, 2 scallions (chopped), 1 soft boiled egg (halved), saut̩ed mixed mushrooms, shredded cooked chicken, dash of sesame oil (optional)
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat and saut̩ the onions and ginger until translucent.
- Add 4 cups of water, Nona Lim Turmeric Chicken Bone Broth, and salt, and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to a simmer and add 1 pouch of Banza rice. Let cook for 25-30 minutes until the broth has thickened into a loose porridge consistency.
- Taste and adjust for salt, and crack black pepper generously.
- To serve, ladle the porridge in bowls and top with scallions, cilantro, saut̩ed mushrooms, chicken, sesame oil, and soft boiled egg, as desired. Serve immediately.