Vegan Banza Rice Jackfruit Burrito Bowl
This recipe is brought to us by Tara Lynn at @naturallypoppy!
- 2 c red onion thinly sliced
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 c apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp salt, + more to taste
- Banza Chickpea Rice, cooked
- 1 can young jackfruit drained +rinsed
- 1 packet Simply Organic Foods classic fajita simmer sauce
- 1 can black beans
- 1 tbsp Simply Organic Foods Adobo Seasoning
- 1/4 c sofrito
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika (optional)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 bag corn
- Lettuce, chopped
- Tomatoes, diced
- Pickled red onions (included in recipe below)
- Cilantro, chopped
- Plain almond yogurt
- Adobo sauce
- Add avocado oil to a skillet over medium heat. Once warm, add in 1 can of jackfruit and break it up with a spoon. Get it as crispy as you can and then add in the classic fajita simmer sauce. Lower heat to a simmer.
- In a small pot add a dash of avocado oil and cook the sofrito, adobo, oregano, and salt to taste. Once the mixture becomes fragrant, add in beans and either water or broth to thin slightly (this is personal preference).
- Once everything is cooked you can start to assemble your bowl, adding any toppings you like (i added cilantro, lettuce, and tomato). Drizzle with plain almond yogurt and adobo sauce for some tang + spice. Serve with warm tortillas for a more filling meal.
- Thinly slice your onions (I used a mandolin) and add them to a jar with the peeled whole garlic. Boil the remaining ingredients and whisk until sugar is dissolved. I recommend pickling onions in advance in order to have them prepped for your burrito bowl.