Careers at Banza
Do you dream of bringing a better pasta to millions of people? Are you an insanely motivated, highly adaptable, scrappy team player who wants to help take a food innovation company to the next level by day, and serve samples in grocery stores by night? Are you in love with the chickpea?
All applicants must submit a resume and personalized cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with this subject line: "Application for [Name of Role] - [Your Name] - [Location]". We want to know more than just your qualifications; we want to know "why Banza?"
If we are interested, we'll follow up. Unfortunately, due to volume of applications, we won't be able to respond to everyone, but rest assured we read everything you send and are truly grateful that you want to join us in our journey.
Don't see the right job for you, but really excited about Banza anyway? Just drop us a line and let us know what you can bring to the table, and we'll keep you in mind when the time comes.
Location: New York City
Who We Are: Banza makes the foods people love better by using more nutritious ingredients. Our first product, a delicious pasta made from chickpeas, is the fastest growing pasta brand in the country. In just over two years we’ve gone from an idea to a product in 4500 stores, from Whole Foods to Target. We’ve been named one of TIME’s 25 Best Inventions of 2015, appeared on the Today show and Good Morning America, been in in the New York Times, and most importantly, brought a better pasta to over a million happy customers.
Your Mission: We’re just scratching the surface of our potential – and we want your help to grow more rapidly, strategically, and sustainably.
We are looking for an Associate/Manager to join and shepherd a group of key conventional grocery accounts for us. This is a brand-new role. We view our relationships with retailers as partnerships in innovating the pasta category and the way grocery works, and we’re excited to bring on a creative, adaptable, talented go-getter who wants to own and build a multimillion dollar book of business. There’s a ton of headroom in this role.
What You’ll Do:
- Own the Conventional Grocery retail sales channel at Banza, including P&L responsibility for your accounts
- Lead day to day sales and account management in accounts totaling thousands of stores (Target, HEB, Jewel Osco, Roundy's, Raley's, et al.) to surpass growth targets
- Identify opportunities and implement plans to capitalize on them
- Manage broker teams (Acosta, et al.) in executing chosen strategies
- Build meaningful relationships with buyers, retail teams, etc.
- Pioneer a bold, differentiated way of succeeding in the grocery store
- Collaborate with Banza’s marketing, field marketing, and analytics teams to execute an approach that is both data-driven and boots-on-the-ground
- Travel as needed to meetings, tradeshows, and events
- Be a core part of the Banza team and contribute to building an amazing organization
Who You Are:
- 2-5+ years of professional experience at a food/beverage company
- An entrepreneurially minded individual who can create novel strategies and manage partners through aggressive growth
- Versatile & creative, can handle all functions from sales, to marketing, to analytics, to demoing, to anything else needed at a startup. Comfortable in ambiguity
- Organized, with track record of designing processes and managing information
- A natural salesperson, and a great communicator in writing, over the phone, and in person
- Outgoing, confident, passionate, and high-commitment
- Must love Banza!
Compensation: Competitive salary, commission, and equity. Commensurate with experience. Associate/Manager designation also commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Email email@example.com with subject “Application for Sales Manager – Retail – [your name]” and include your resume, plus a cover letter describing why you want to join Banza and would be a great fit in this role.
Position available in New York Metro
Objective: To build the Banza brand one sample, product sale and consumer engagement at a time. Our plan is to do this by building face-to-face relationships with store associates, distribution partners, and consumers.
- Experience with consumer promotions and field events
- Must be a self-starter, be punctual, reliable and professional
- Must be able to tow a minimum of 40 lbs. [demo kit is on wheels]
- Must have a car, smartphone with ability to take/upload/identify photos and daily access to a computer with email account, a printer and working internet connection
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Must be available to work most weekends
- Highly motivated to be a part of dynamic company with incredible pasta [powered by chickpeas!]
- Passionate about cooking and/or a willingness to learn basic cooking skills
- Excellent communication skills and no hesitations for striking up conversations
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task while creatively and effectively solving problems
- Attention to detail
- Remarkably outgoing personality -- willing to talk to anyone at any time
- Enjoy face-to-face contact with consumers
- Passion and dedication to the brand – must enjoy chickpea pasta and be passionate about working with a health inspired company!
- Engaging and educating consumers on the taste, quality and ingredients of Banza
- Manage and build relationships with key store-level contacts in our key retailers within your region
- Actively promote the brand within retail stores by achieving and maintaining best practices in merchandising and increasing brand exposure by gaining incremental on and off shelf displays
- Execute on site, in store cooking demonstrations to increase trial, create more brand awareness and drive sales
- Identify influencers and key partners to help elevate consumer’s awareness of the Banza brand in your region.
- Execute events, creating authentic and memorable brand impressions
- Provide tracking and reporting for all day to day activations
- Assists with social media content generation.
Hours: Demos typically take place on Saturday and Sunday during the day as well as Monday evenings, and occasionally other weekday afternoons/evenings. Demos will be ongoing throughout the year. Actual days worked will vary from week to week, based on your schedule and our needs. Demos last for 4 hours and are typically scheduled between the hours of 10am and 7pm. The number of events worked each week can be flexible based on your schedule.
Compensation: Based on experience. This is a 20 hour/week position as a 1099 independent contractor with the potential to grow into a full time position.
To Apply: Got what it takes to join the Banza family? We want to hear from you! Email your resume and a cover letter describing yourself and why you're a great fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
NYC Metro Area or Remote. Hourly/Contractor.
Who We Are: Banza makes the foods people love better by using more nutritious ingredients. Our first product, a delicious pasta made from chickpeas, is the fastest growing pasta brand in the country. In just over two years we’ve gone from an idea to a product in 5,000 stores, including Whole Foods and Target. We were named one of TIME’s 25 Best Inventions of 2015, and most importantly, have brought a better pasta to a million happy customers.
Your Mission: People don’t expect their pasta to have personality. Our mission is to surprise, delight and inspire each person who touches our brand, in unique ways. Making people happy makes us happy, and we’re looking for a dynamic early stage team member to creatively go above and beyond in each interaction. We’re starting a pasta revolution, and you’ll be on the front lines each day, spreading the Banza love, and nurturing and growing a community of brand enthusiasts.
Who You Are:
- Passionate about Banza’s mission to make healthy eating fun and accessible
- Empathetic, confident, curious, creative, and patient
- A clear and warm written communicator
- Organized, detail-oriented, keeps self accountable
- Ability to juggle multiple conversations and solve problems efficiently and thoughtfully
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Experience with and interest in social media channels, especially Instagram and Facebook
- Has a “no task is too small” attitude and passion for providing our customers with mind-blowing, unique experiences
- Excellent sense of humor; must love puns!
What You’ll Do:
- Act as the voice of Banza on the front lines: delivering unique, joyful moments and nurturing strong relationships with customers
- Engage with customers daily via email, phone, and social media channels with the goal of providing them quick solutions and unique attention like they've never received from a food brand before
- Work directly with Communications Manager to ensure messaging is “on brand,” up-to-date and effective
- Identify opportunities for increased productivity and efficiency through tools
- Synthesize customer feedback; advocate needs internally and work collaboratively with product, operations, and manufacturing to push us to be better
- Identify and grow a developing network of Banza influencers on Instagram
- Flex your creative muscles by thinking through fresh ways to go above and beyond for our customers and prospective customers
Hours & Compensation: Independent contractor, ~20 hours/week.
To Apply: Please submit resume to email@example.com with “Application for Community Engagement Specialist - [Your Name]” in the subject line and include a ~250 word cover letter on why you’re excited about Banza and this opportunity. We look forward to meeting you!