Careers at Banza
Do you dream of bringing a better pasta to millions of people? Are you an insanely motivated, highly adaptable, scrappy team player who wants to help take a food innovation company to the next level by day, and serve samples in grocery stores by night? Are you in love with the chickpea?
All applicants must submit a resume and personalized cover letter to email@example.com with this subject line: "Application for [Name of Role] - [Your Name] - [Location]". We want to know more than just your qualifications; we want to know "why Banza?"
If we are interested, we'll follow up. Unfortunately, due to volume of applications, we won't be able to respond to everyone, but rest assured we read everything you send and are truly grateful that you want to join us in our journey.
Don't see the right job for you, but really excited for Banza anyway? Just drop us a line and let us know what you can bring to the table, and we'll keep you in mind when the time comes.
Position available in New York Metro
Objective: To build the Banza brand one sample, product sale and consumer engagement at a time. Our plan is to do this by building face-to-face relationships with store associates, distribution partners, and consumers.
- Experience with consumer promotions and field events
- Must be a self-starter, be punctual, reliable and professional
- Must be able to tow a minimum of 40 lbs. [demo kit is on wheels]
- Must have a car, smartphone with ability to take/upload/identify photos and daily access to a computer with email account, a printer and working internet connection
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Must be available to work most weekends
- Highly motivated to be a part of dynamic company with incredible pasta [powered by chickpeas!]
- Passionate about cooking and/or a willingness to learn basic cooking skills
- Excellent communication skills and no hesitations for striking up conversations
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task while creatively and effectively solving problems
- Attention to detail
- Remarkably outgoing personality -- willing to talk to anyone at any time
- Enjoy face-to-face contact with consumers
- Passion and dedication to the brand – must enjoy chickpea pasta and be passionate about working with a health inspired company!
- Engaging and educating consumers on the taste, quality and ingredients of Banza
- Manage and build relationships with key store-level contacts in our key retailers within your region
- Actively promote the brand within retail stores by achieving and maintaining best practices in merchandising and increasing brand exposure by gaining incremental on and off shelf displays
- Execute on site, in store cooking demonstrations to increase trial, create more brand awareness and drive sales
- Identify influencers and key partners to help elevate consumer’s awareness of the Banza brand in your region.
- Execute events, creating authentic and memorable brand impressions
- Provide tracking and reporting for all day to day activations
- Assists with social media content generation.
Hours: Demos typically take place on Saturday and Sunday during the day as well as Monday evenings, and occasionally other weekday afternoons/evenings. Demos will be ongoing throughout the year. Actual days worked will vary from week to week, based on your schedule and our needs. Demos last for 4 hours and are typically scheduled between the hours of 10am and 7pm. The number of events worked each week can be flexible based on your schedule.
Compensation: Based on experience. This is a 20 hour/week position as a 1099 independent contractor with the potential to grow into a full time position.
To Apply: Got what it takes to join the Banza family? We want to hear from you! Email your resume and a cover letter describing yourself and why you're a great fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position available in New York City
Your Mission: Banza has a big new opportunity in foodservice. Launched February 20th, 2017 with full national distribution via Sysco’s Cutting Edge Solutions program, Banza is available to foodservice customers across all 50 states.
We’re looking for our first hire in foodservice to drive growth and sales, manage strategy and partnerships, and own the channel completely. There’s a ton of headroom in this role.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead business development and sales efforts for Banza in foodservice
- Manage broker (Key Impact) in selling to and serving regional and national customers
- Manage Sysco and Cutting Edge Solutions relationships
- Create and execute foodservice sales strategy across large and small clients
- Contribute ad hoc to sales and partnerships in private label and/or retail channels
- Travel as needed to key meetings, tradeshows, and events
- Be a core part of the Banza team and contribute to building an amazing organization
Who You Are:
- Experienced in foodservice channel management, 2-5+ years
- 5-10+ years of professional experience
- An entrepreneurially minded leader who can build a great business unit
- Organized, with track record of creating processes and managing information
- Versatile & adaptable, can handle all functions from sales, to marketing, to anything else needed at a startup. Comfortable in ambiguity
- A natural salesperson, and great communicator in writing, over the phone, and in person
- Outgoing, confident, passionate, and high-commitment
- Must love Banza!
Compensation: Competitive salary, commission, and equity. Commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Email email@example.com with subject “Application for Business Development Manager – Foodservice – [your name]” and include your resume, plus a cover letter describing why you want to join Banza and would be a great fit in this role.