Careers at Banza
Do you dream of bringing a better pasta to millions of people? Are you an insanely motivated, highly adaptable, scrappy team player who wants to help take a food innovation company to the next level by day, and serve samples in grocery stores by night? Are you in love with the chickpea?
All applicants must submit a resume and personalized cover letter to email@example.com with this subject line: "Application for [Name of Role] - [Your Name] - [Location]". We want to know more than just your qualifications; we want to know "why Banza?"
If we are interested, we'll follow up. Unfortunately, due to volume of applications, we won't be able to respond to everyone, but rest assured we read everything you send and are truly grateful that you want to join us in our journey.
Don't see the right job for you, but really excited for Banza anyway? Just drop us a line and let us know what you can bring to the table, and we'll keep you in mind when the time comes.
New York City or Detroit
Ideal Start Date: March/April
Commitment: Full-time salaried
Your Purpose: Banza is taking the NYC area by storm. We’re looking for a highly motivated and organized team leader to form and shape our field marketing efforts in the region.
This is primarily done through hiring, training, managing, and developing strategy for a team of about 10 Banza Brand Ambassadors in the NYC area. These ambassadors will demo Banza at grocery stores and events all across the city and suburbs.
Meeting customers is the most important thing we do at Banza. Every Banza team member – including our CEO - has spent hundreds of hours in grocery stores talking with people and selling Banza. This area of marketing has tons of opportunity, and a person in this role could grow significantly to either run a similar function nationally or contribute in other marketing areas.
- Build and train a demo team
- Identify, screen, and interview candidates
- Create training materials and implement trainings
- Manage demo materials creation, purchase, and assembly
- Manage team to success
- Create plan & demo schedule
- Create system and track performance of demos and ambassadors
- Nurture and develop team members, creating positive but accountable and high-achieving culture
- Create strategy, measure cross-store performance, track progress
- Develop techniques, resources, and tools that ambassadors can use to improve performance at cooking, pitching, and selling
- Lead retailer merchandising efforts
- Support and advise on promotions, displays, placement, pricing
- Help identify and position Banza in the perfect place in-store
- Develop and nurture relationships with grocery personnel
- Be a key part of our team, and contribute to building an amazing food brand through your marketing and sales efforts!
- Experienced team manager, 2-5 years in a managerial role and proven ability to hire quality talent for demo/event staffing roles
- Organized and disciplined, holds self and others accountable
- Natural marketing and sales instincts, and track record of success & growth
- Capable of building systems and processes, and scaling them as we grow
- Outgoing, confident, passionate, and able to inspire and lead others
- Loves natural food companies and wants to help build an amazing brand - must love Banza
- Skilled product demonstrator and can fulfill demo requirements:
- Good cook
- Able to stand for 4-5 hours at a time
- Able to lift 30 lbs including folding demo table
- Reliable transportation
Hours: While most work will be during typical business hours, you’ll also need to be available/reachable on weekend days and weekday evenings, as that is when demos take place. As a startup, it’s more than just a job but we want you to be happy.
Compensation: Salary plus equity, commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application for Field Marketing Manager - [Your Name] - [Your Location]” in the subject line and include a ~250 word cover letter on why you’re excited about Banza and this opportunity. We look forward to meeting you!
New York City Metro Area, San Francisco Bay Area, or Chicago Metro Area
Your Purpose: BBA’s are Banza team members that act as the face of the brand at field marketing events, primarily in-store sampling demos. BBA’s do 2-5 demos per week, usually on weekends and weekday afternoons/evenings. Demos typically last 4 hours and take place in grocery stores near you.
The goal of each demo is to get shoppers to sample and buy our products at the demonstration table by being outgoing, engaging, and giving them a tasty sample of our pasta.
This is the most important thing we do at Banza, and we truly value great people who get results. Every Banza team member – including our CEO - has spent hundreds of hours in grocery stores meeting our customers and selling Banza!
*Note the Banza Brand Ambassador program presents an opportunity for growth should you wish to grow into a full-time role.
- Organization of in-store retail demos:
- Coordinate with store managers/demo specialists on scheduling demos, maintaining product inventory levels, adhering to demo guidelines.
- Execution of in-store retail demos:
- Pitch our pasta to shoppers, cook and serve samples, explain product benefits, answer questions, and distribute literature.
- Set up, break down, and clean demo station.
- Complete demo reports and communicate customer and store feedback to Field Marketing Manager.
- Maintain inventory of demo kit (gloves, forks, etc.)
- Help us get better and smarter at pitching our products!
- Develop relationships with grocery personnel:
- BBA’s are the face of the Banza brand and will be counted on to create and maintain relationships between Banza and individual stores. You’ll “own” the store relationships.
- At the end of each demo, BBAs will ensure proper merchandising of products on shelf and displays to put Banza in the best position possible.
- An outgoing personality. Often a BBA will need to start conversations with grocery shoppers as they walk by the demo station.
- Able to engage a crowd and hold everyone’s attention.
- A quick thinker. There are a wide variety of customers in a grocery store, so you will need to cater your sales pitch to match the interests/needs of the shopper.
- Must be able to work on Saturdays and/or Sundays during the day as well as one or more weekday evenings.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Access to a smartphone and computer for reporting demo results.
- Valid driver's license, clean driving record and reliable vehicle OR reliable source of transportation.
- Good cook, whether a home cook or you have some food service experience.
- Able to stand for 4-5 hours at a time.
- Able to lift 30lbs including folding demo table.
- Understanding of marketing & sales fundamentals.
- Like being part of a team, but great at working independently.
- Confident and self-motivated.
Hours: Demos will usually take place on Saturday and Sunday during the day as well as Monday evenings, and occasionally other weekday afternoons/evenings. Demos will be ongoing throughout the year. Actual days worked will vary from week to week, based on your schedule and our needs. Demos last for 4 hours and are typically scheduled between the hours of 10am and 7pm. The number of events worked each week can be flexible based on your schedule.
Pay: Hourly rate starting at $15-20 based on experience, and quickly ramping up to $20-25 + bonuses if sales targets are met. Includes driving allowance for longer distances.
To Apply: All applicants must submit a resume and ~200 word cover letter on why you think you would be a good Banza Brand Ambassador to email@example.com with this subject line: "Application for BBA - [Your Name] - [Location]". We’re excited to meet you!