Alphabets Tomato Soup
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 large onion, cut into slices
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups water, vegetable stock, or chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, or more to taste
- 1 box Banza alphabets
- Melt butter over medium heat in a Dutch oven or large saucepan.
- Add onion wedges allow to saut̩ until translucent and beginning to brown. Add water, can of tomatoes with their juices, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Bring to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, for about 20 minutes.
- Blend the soup, and then season to taste. The soup should be very smooth. Add 1 cup of water and entire box of Banza alphabets. Cook 6 - 8 mins, until pasta is al dente and serve.