Careers at Banza
Do you dream of bringing a better pasta to millions of people? Are you an insanely motivated, highly adaptable, scrappy team player who wants to help take a food innovation company to the next level by day, and serve samples in grocery stores by night? Are you in love with the chickpea?
All applicants must submit a resume and personalized cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with this subject line: "Application for [Name of Role] - [Your Name] - [Location]". We want to know more than just your qualifications; we want to know "why Banza?"
If we are interested, we'll follow up. Unfortunately, due to volume of applications, we won't be able to respond to everyone, but rest assured we read everything you send and are truly grateful that you want to join us in our journey.
Don't see the right job for you, but really excited for Banza anyway? Just drop us a line and let us know what you can bring to the table, and we'll keep you in mind when the time comes.
Location: New York City
Who We Are: Banza makes the foods people love better by using more nutritious ingredients. Our first product, a delicious pasta made from chickpeas, is the fastest growing pasta brand in the country. In just over two years we’ve gone from an idea to a product in 4500 stores, from Whole Foods to Target. We’ve been named one of TIME’s 25 Best Inventions of 2015, appeared on the Today show and Good Morning America, been in in the New York Times, and most importantly, brought a better pasta to over a million happy customers.
Your Mission: We’re just scratching the surface of our potential – and we want your help to grow more rapidly, strategically, and sustainably.
We are looking for two Associates/ Managers to join and each shepherd a group of key accounts for us. These are brand-new roles. We view our relationships with retailers as partnerships in innovating the pasta category and the way grocery works, and we’re excited to bring on creative, adaptable, talented go-getters who want to own and build a multimillion dollar book of business. There’s a ton of headroom in this role.
What You’ll Do:
- Own a retail sales channel at Banza, including P&L responsibility for your accounts
- Lead day to day sales and account management for 1k-3k+ stores to surpass growth targets
- Identify opportunities and implement plans to capitalize on them
- Manage broker teams (Presence, Acosta, et al.) in executing chosen strategies
- Build meaningful relationships with buyers, retail teams, etc.
- Pioneer a bold, differentiated way of succeeding in the grocery store
- Collaborate with Banza’s marketing, field marketing, and analytics teams to execute an approach that is both data-driven and boots-on-the-ground
- Travel as needed to meetings, tradeshows, and events
- Be a core part of the Banza team and contribute to building an amazing organization
Who You Are:
- 2-5+ years of professional experience at a food/beverage company
- An entrepreneurially minded individual who can create novel strategies and manage partners through aggressive growth
- Versatile & creative, can handle all functions from sales, to marketing, to analytics, to demoing, to anything else needed at a startup. Comfortable in ambiguity
- Organized, with track record of designing processes and managing information
- A natural salesperson, and a great communicator in writing, over the phone, and in person
- Outgoing, confident, passionate, and high-commitment
- Must love Banza!
Compensation: Competitive salary, commission, and equity. Commensurate with experience. Associate/Manager designation also commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Email email@example.com with subject “Application for Sales Manager – Retail – [your name]” and include your resume, plus a cover letter describing why you want to join Banza and would be a great fit in this role.
Location: New York, NY
Who we are:
Banza makes the foods people love better, by using more nutritious ingredients. Our first product, a delicious pasta made from chickpeas, has made us the fastest growing pasta brand in the country. In just over two years we’ve gone from an idea to a product in over 4500 stores, from Whole Foods to Target. Banza has been named one of TIME’s 25 Best Inventions of 2015, appeared on the TODAY show and Good Morning America, and most importantly, brought a better pasta to a million happy customers.
Banza needs your excitement and enthusiasm to help grow our brand. In this position, you’ll lead our NY Metro Area field team in winning new fans to Banza. You’ll manage, develop, and grow our team of Brand Ambassadors, leading efforts to sample in stores, connect with customers, and build great relationships with grocery store teams. Once you establish what’s working best, you’ll become the expert on your market and build a plan to deeply integrate with retailers, tastemakers, and the region.
What You’ll Do:
Sales and Retailer support:
- Assist with retail sampling/demos as required
- Perform routine maintenance on area accounts including store checks, merchandising and POS refreshes, and implement best strategies to drive success
- Understand local retail landscape: key retailers, retailer partnerships, retail events, and promotional calendar
- Work with sales team to plan and execute promotions, sales pushes, demo sprints, etc.
- Build local programing to support regional retailers as necessary
- Manage part-time staff of brand ambassadors (5-10 people)
- Manage teams’ consumer interactions, training and retraining on message points
- Supervising, spot checking and recording (via photos or video) at events
- Recruiting, hiring, and training brand ambassadors
- Provide direct/indirect reports with leadership, direction, and coaching to achieve work objectives and improve performance and skills
- Must be familiar with area events, and able to negotiate event sponsorship and participation
- Leverage external partners to truly “own” experiential marketing events, beyond just a tent, banners, and samples
- Sample at relevant business districts, recreation areas, and schools
- Evaluate success and reach of guerilla sampling efforts
- Turn random people into our biggest advocates!
- Build relationships with key influencers/opinion makers (athletes, bloggers, fitness experts, celebrities, etc.) so they can evangelize the brand within their social networks
- Manage and monitor local social media and provide Banza to local influencers
- Partner with the Banza Communications/PR Team who oversee relationships at the national level
- Be the face of the brand in your market with Banza influencers
- Manage monthly market budget
- Measuring marketing impact with weekly reports
- Collect and submit timesheets and update the budget accordingly
- Manage department and team expenses
Skills & Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, tireless energy, a focus on getting better every day, and an excitement for growing our business
- 3-5 years’ experience in events and promotional work
- Background in marketing and/or sales
- Consumer packaged goods and food industry experience highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must have a deep understanding of the local market, an entrepreneurial spirit, and have intense passion for what you will do; you know the movers and the shakers, know what’s cool, and are socially active in the city
- You’ll need a car – frequent local travel is needed to spend time with your team (mileage will be covered)
- Frequent weekend work is needed but you’ll have a flexible schedule during the week
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs and stand for 6 hours to fulfill demo requirements
Dependent upon your level of experience. Our company is poised for rapid, broad expansion, so there is huge growth potential, including the ability to assist with opening new markets, or managing other markets nationally.
Total Rewards Package:
Competitive salary & bonus, equity, health benefits, unlimited Banza, and invaluable experience building and growing a company. As a startup, it’s more than just a job – but we’ll invest in you like you invest in us.
To Apply: Send a .pdf of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for Field Activation Manager – [your name].” Your cover letter should describe why you would excel in this role and how you would market Banza.
Position available in New York Metro
Objective: To build the Banza brand one sample, product sale and consumer engagement at a time. Our plan is to do this by building face-to-face relationships with store associates, distribution partners, and consumers.
- Experience with consumer promotions and field events
- Must be a self-starter, be punctual, reliable and professional
- Must be able to tow a minimum of 40 lbs. [demo kit is on wheels]
- Must have a car, smartphone with ability to take/upload/identify photos and daily access to a computer with email account, a printer and working internet connection
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Must be available to work most weekends
- Highly motivated to be a part of dynamic company with incredible pasta [powered by chickpeas!]
- Passionate about cooking and/or a willingness to learn basic cooking skills
- Excellent communication skills and no hesitations for striking up conversations
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task while creatively and effectively solving problems
- Attention to detail
- Remarkably outgoing personality -- willing to talk to anyone at any time
- Enjoy face-to-face contact with consumers
- Passion and dedication to the brand – must enjoy chickpea pasta and be passionate about working with a health inspired company!
- Engaging and educating consumers on the taste, quality and ingredients of Banza
- Manage and build relationships with key store-level contacts in our key retailers within your region
- Actively promote the brand within retail stores by achieving and maintaining best practices in merchandising and increasing brand exposure by gaining incremental on and off shelf displays
- Execute on site, in store cooking demonstrations to increase trial, create more brand awareness and drive sales
- Identify influencers and key partners to help elevate consumer’s awareness of the Banza brand in your region.
- Execute events, creating authentic and memorable brand impressions
- Provide tracking and reporting for all day to day activations
- Assists with social media content generation.
Hours: Demos typically take place on Saturday and Sunday during the day as well as Monday evenings, and occasionally other weekday afternoons/evenings. Demos will be ongoing throughout the year. Actual days worked will vary from week to week, based on your schedule and our needs. Demos last for 4 hours and are typically scheduled between the hours of 10am and 7pm. The number of events worked each week can be flexible based on your schedule.
Compensation: Based on experience. This is a 20 hour/week position as a 1099 independent contractor with the potential to grow into a full time position.
To Apply: Got what it takes to join the Banza family? We want to hear from you! Email your resume and a cover letter describing yourself and why you're a great fit for this position to email@example.com