@GrossyPelosi's Vegan Vodka Sawce
Cook Time: 30 MINUTES
Serves: 2 PEOPLE
- 1 box Banza Cascatelli
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp plant-based butter
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup coconut milk or cashew cream
- 3 tbsp vodka*
- Grated plant-based Parmesan, for garnish
- Cook Banza: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add Banza Cascatelli and cook according to package directions. Drain pasta, reserving ½ cup of pasta water.
- Sauté Aromatics: While Banza cooks, in a medium saucepan combine plant-based butter, red pepper flakes (optional) and olive oil and place over medium heat. Once butter is melted, add garlic and tomato paste. Whisk until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Build Sauce: Whisk coconut milk/cream into sauce and cook for about 5 minutes, or until darkened. Add vodka and whisk for another 5 minutes, or until alcohol is cooked out.
- Finish Pasta: Drain pasta, add ¼ cup pasta water to the sawce and whisk until thick, adding more pasta water to loosen if necessary (sauce may take up to 20 minutes to get thick enough, and it is absolutely worth the wait). Add pasta to sauce and stir gently until coated and glossy. Serve with grated Parmesan.