Maman x Banza Rice Salad
Summer is here, and so is the collab of your dreams! Maman is now serving Banza Rice in a refreshing salad - If you're in NYC, you can try it in person (order here), but we're sharing the recipe so everyone can make this delicious dish at home!
Cook Time: 20 MINUTES
Serves: 4-6 PEOPLE
- 2 bags Banza Rice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Juice from 2 lemons, plus extra wedges for garnish
- 1.5 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- ½ large red onion, diced
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 8oz arugula
- Cook Banza Rice: Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Season generously with salt, then add Banza Rice and cook for 4-5 minutes. Strain, rinse and return to pot off heat.
- Make Salad: In a large bowl, combine Banza Rice, tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, onion, ½ cup olive oil, ⅓ cup lemon juice (about 1 lemon), and toss to combine.
- Make Vinaigrette: In a small bowl whisk together juice of 1 lemon (about ¼ cup), dijon mustard, a pinch of salt and pepper as desired. Add ¼ cup olive oil & continue to whisk until combined.
- Finish Salad: When ready to serve, add the parsley, mint, and cilantro to the salad. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired. Plate salad on top of a bed of arugula, with lemon wedges to garnish. Serve with vinaigrette to drizzle on top.
Try it topped with your favorite protein or some crumbled feta!