Mediterranean Pasta Salad by @Grossypelosi
If a trip to the Mediterranean isn't in your summer plans, this pasta salad by @grossypelosi can be!
Cook Time: 30 MINUTES
Serves: 4 PEOPLE
- 1 8oz. box Banza gemelli
- 1 8oz package of halloumi
- 1 cup seeded and diced cumber
- 1 cup halved kalamata olives
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced and diced
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup torn fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Kosher salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes to taste
- Marinate onions: Place red onion in a small bowl and submerge in red wine vinegar. Let sit, uncovered, for the length of the rest of the recipe to allow the onions to marinate.
- Fry Halloumi: Place a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Slice halloumi into 1/8 inch thick pieces, lengthwise. Place slices into pan and fry them for 2-3 minutes on each side, until they are deeply browned. Place fried slices on to a plate to cool down.
- Cook Banza: Add Banza to pot with boiling water and season generously with kosher salt. Cook according to package directions. Strain pasta and spread it out on a tray to cool down.
- Make Dressing: Add olive oil, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard and honey to a small bowl and whisk until well combined. Add kosher salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Assemble Salad: Add cooled pasta, cooled halloumi, cucumber, olives, tomatoes, mint leaves and dressing to bowl and mix to combine.
- Refridgerate: Cover bowl and place in fridge for minimum 4 hours. Overnight works well. The longer it sits the more the flavors develop!
- Serve: Remove pasta salad from fridge, add in arugula and toss to combine. Enjoy!