Cacio e Pepe
Cook Time: 15 MINUTES
Serves: 2-4 PEOPLE
- 1 box Banza spaghetti
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup pasta water
- ¾ cup grated pecorino Romano or Parmesan, plus additional for garnish
- Cook Banza: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add Banza and cook according to package directions.
- Make Sauce: While pasta cooks, heat ¼ cup olive oil and 1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper in a large pan over medium-low heat. Cook until pepper begins to sizzle, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and add butter.
- Toss Pasta: Once pasta is almost cooked, add 3 tbsp pasta water to pan with olive oil. Strain pasta, and immediately add to pan with olive oil. Using tongs, gently toss to coat pasta.
- Finish Pasta: Add cheese and 1 tbsp olive oil to the pan and stir until cheese is completely melted. Add a little more pasta water to adjust creaminess, reheating over low heat as necessary, until the sauce is creamy and coats each strand of spaghetti. Garnish with more cheese and fresh cracked pepper.
Take your time adding the cheese and pasta water, going slowly helps the sauce stay together.