Cheesy Alphabets + Peas
- 1 box Banza Alphabets
- 3 cups frozen peas
- 8 oz. Parmesan, finely grated (about 2 cups)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Make Cheese Sauce: Toss 8 oz. cheese, 2 tsp. pepper (if desired), and cup cold water in a bowl and use a fork to mash the mixture into a thick paste. Add more water a tablespoonful at a time until paste is about the consistency of cream cheese.
- Prepare Banza: Bring at least 8 cups of salted water to a rolling boil. Cook Banza according to package instructions. 2 minutes before the pasta is done cooking, add the frozen peas. Return to a boil, and when pasta is ready and peas are warm throughout, strain, rinse, and set aside.
- Combine: Wipe out the pot you used to cook the pasta, return to low heat and melt 2 tbsp butter. Add cheese mixture to pot along with pasta and peas, tossing to coat. Add water a splash at a time until a glossy sauce forms (it should still be fairly thick). Transfer pasta to a large bowl and top with more cheese.