Chickpea Rice Bowl with Shrimp & Oranges
Banza chickpea rice topped with orange glaze saut̩ed shrimp. The majority of the work for this recipe is sourcing all the ingredients and whisking together the sauce - once you've got that down, you're a hot pan, and pot of water away from a high protein and healthy meal that hits the balance between sweet and spicy just right!
Cook Time: 40 MINUTES
Serves: 2 to 4 PEOPLE
- 1 bag Banza chickpea rice
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 large orange
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- Fresh lime juice
- For the dressing
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. Sriracha
- 1/2 Tsp. honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari soy sauce
- 1/4 cup neutral oil
- Stir together orange juice, Sriracha, honey, soy sauce, oil, and 1 Tbsp. lime juice in a medium bowl and divide into two bowls. Add shrimp to one bowl with the sauce sauce and toss well. Let sit for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice oranges and transfer to a large bowl. Add cucumbers, scallions, and 2 tsp lime juice. Toss to combine and season liberally with salt.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. neutral oil in a large skillet over high. Cook the shrimp until charred in spots and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Cook Banza rice according to package instructions. Strain and rinse.
- Divide rice among bowls. Top with shrimp, orange mixture, and avocado. Drizzle with dressing.