GOOD FOR: Learning your sister-in-law is vegetarian during hors d'oeuvres, recording your nephew's first lasagna, hosting game night with 30 minutes notice.
Cook Time: 50 MINUTES
Serves: 2 to 4 PEOPLE
- 1 box Banza Lasagna
- 3 cups (one 24 oz jar) marinara sauce
- 16 oz ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 1/2 lb fresh mozzarella, sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F. In a small bowl, combine ricotta, 1/4 cup of parmesan, and chopped basil. Season with salt + pepper.
- Spread 1 cup of marinara sauce in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Lay 4 dry Banza Lasagna sheets over the sauce, allowing space in between each sheet as they will expand while cooking. Add a layer of ricotta, 1/2 cup of sauce, and a layer of mozzarella. Repeat twice more (noodle, ricotta, sauce, mozz), topping the last layer with the remaining parmesan.
- Cover + bake for 45 minutes. If desired, remove the foil after 40 minutes, turn the oven to broil, and allow the top cheese to brown for ~5 mins. Keep a close eye on it as it can burn quickly.
To add vegetables to this recipe; simply chop them very small, sauté in 2 tbsp olive oil, season with salt, and cook until softened. Add between layers of ricotta and mozzarella.