Coconut Braised Broccoli Rice Bowl
Broccoli and sun-dried tomatoes get slowly braised in a rich coconut ginger broth until just fork tender and then spooned over our grain-free chickpea rice.
- 1 bag Banza chickpea rice
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- _ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1.5 cups coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. When hot add oil and then the chopped onion. Cook until translucent, about 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in broccoli stalks, ginger, sun-dried tomatoes, jalapeno pepper, lime zest, and salt. Cook, until vegetables soften, about 5 minutes. Pour in coconut milk and stir to combine, lower heat and simmer for 15 mins.
- Make Banza rice according to package instructions. Drain, rinse and add to the bottom of serving bowls. Top with coconut vegetable mixture and a squeeze of lime juice.