Creamy Corn Gemelli
- 1 box Banza Gemelli
- 1 leek, sliced and tough green parts removed
- 2 large ears of corn, kernels removed
- 3 tbsp butter
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup torn mint
- Fresh lemon juice
- Prepare Banza: Bring 8 cups of salted water to a rolling boil. Cook Banza for 7 minutes. Reserve ½ cup cooking water, then strain, rinse & set aside.
- Prepare Sauce: Heat oil in large sauté pan over medium heat; add leek and a pinch of salt and cook until so, ~3 minutes. Add ¼ cup water and all but ¼ cup corn; simmer until corn is heated through and almost tender, ~5 minutes. Season with salt & pepper, transfer to a blender, and purée until smooth, adding a little extra water if needed to get a thick but pourable texture. Heat the same skillet over high heat. Add butter, let melt and begin to brown. Add reserved 1/4 cup corn and cook until tender, then add the corn purée and turn heat to low.
- Combine: Add pasta and half the reserved pasta cooking water to corn sauce, tossing to coat. Cook for 1 minute, then add a little more of the pasta cooking water if the mixture seems too thick. Stir in the Parmesan and mint and season to taste with salt & pepper. Top with fresh lemon juice. Transfer to serving bowls and garnish with more herbs and a drizzle of olive oil.