Creamy Sesame Linguine
- For the Noodles
- 1 box Banza linguine
- 2 medium carrots, peeled then shaved into long strands with a vegetable peeler
- 1/3 small cabbage, shredded finely (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (any color or a combination)
- 1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 scallions, slivered on the diagonal
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges, to serve
- For the Sauce
- 2 tablespoons smooth almond (or peanut) butter
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2" knob of fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons agave or honey
- juice of 1 or 2 limes
- Cook Banza according to package instructions. Strain, rinse and reserve in a large bowl.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat until it shimmers and add the scallions, shaved carrot, and cabbage. Sauté 10 mins or until everything is beginning to soften, and add to the noodles. Toss in the dressing, then the cilantro and sesame seeds. Serve right away with lime wedges.