Creamy Spaghetti with Lemon Garlic Broccoli
- 1 box Banza Spaghetti
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 large crown of broccoli, but into bite-sized florets
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped and divided
- Salt, to taste
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Califia Farms Almondmilk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pepper, to taste
- Nutritional yeast, to serve
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta.
- In a large pan or skillet, heat enough olive oil to cover the base over a medium-high heat. Add broccoli and a sprinkle of salt and cook covered for 5 minutes without touching the broccoli.
- Take the cover off and stir, the broccoli should be beginning to brown slightly. Add half of the chopped garlic and stir to combine. Cook for another 2 minutes, stir in 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Remove garlic broccoli from pan and set aside on a plate.
- Start cooking spaghetti according to the package instructions. Drain and rinse when finished cooking.
- Wipe the pan clean and add another tbsp of olive oil to the pan (about 2 tablespoons) and place over a medium heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the garlic and cook until sizzling and fragrant, but not browning. Stir in Almondmilk and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 3- 5 minutes, stirring, until heated through. Turn off the heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Add the cooked pasta and broccoli to the skillet with the sauce and toss to combine. Serve immediately, sprinkled with nutritional yeast.