Lentil Walnut Bolognese
- 1 Box Banza Penne
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 4 cups cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1/2 cup walnuts, plus 2 tbsp for garnish
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can lentils, drained
- 1 cup almond milk
- Basil, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the diced onion and carrot and pinches of salt and pepper and cook until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, another pinch of salt, and cook until soft, stirring only occasionally, about 8 more minutes.
- Add in the rosemary, crushed walnuts, and garlic, then add the soy sauce, tomato paste, diced tomatoes and lentils.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. If the sauce is very thick, add almond milk, 1/3 cup at a time, to thin. Season to taste.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cokk Banza according to the instructions on the package, cooking until al dente. Drain and add the pasta to the pan with the sauce. Serve with more basil, and crushed walnuts.