Mediterranean Rice Bowl
This simple rice bowl is made using fresh ingredients and takes cues from the mediterranean diet. Make it for 4 people or save each serving as lunch for the week!
- Yogurt Dill Dressing
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- For the bowls:
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 2 medium lemons), divided
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Salt & pepper
- 2 Persian cucumbers or 1/2 English cucumber, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 bag Banza chickpea rice
- Mix all dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil; set aside.
- Place the onion and 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a shallow bowl. Cover and let sit.
- Place the oregano, salt, pepper, and the remaining 1/4 cup of lemon juice in a large bowl and stir to combine. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Place the chicken on the prepared baking sheet. Roast until the chicken is cooked through and juices run clear, 18 to 20 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the Banza rice according to package instructions.
- To assemble, divide the rice between 4 bowls. Top each bowl with a chicken thigh. Divide the red onion, cucumbers, tomatoes, and olives between the bowls. Drizzle with the yogurt dill dressing and serve.