Miso Pesto Casarecce
Cook Time: 30 MINUTES
Serves: 2 to 4 PEOPLE
- 8 oz Banza Chickpea Casarecce
- ¾ cup raw pine nuts
- ¾ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus 1 tbsp
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups fresh basil + stems
- 2 tbsp chickpea miso
- Juice of one lemon
- Garnishes: flaky sea salt, microgreens
- Prepare Banza: Bring at least 8 cups of salted water to a rolling boil. Cook Banza for 9-11 minutes. Strain and rinse under cool water until pasta is cool. Set aside.
- Toast pine nuts: In a skillet on medium high heat, toast pine nuts until golden, about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Make blistered tomatoes: Wipe out skillet to remove oil, and return to stove. Turn the heat on high and let the skillet heat for 5 minutes. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil, one pint of cherry tomatoes and one whole clove of garlic to skillet. Sauté on high heat, tossing occasionally, about 3 minutes. Remove tomatoes from heat and allow to cool.
- Prepare chickpea miso pesto: Add basil, garlic (one fried with tomatoes, one raw), and chickpea miso to a food processor. Blend and add 1/4 cup olive oil in a thin stream until incorporated. Add juice from one lemon. Add salt and pepper to taste and stream in water until the sauce is loose enough to coat each noodle.
- Combine: Add cooked Banza and pesto to cooled skillet and mix until combined. Mix-in blistered tomatoes and garnish with toasted pine nuts, microgreens, flaky sea salt and other topics of choice. Enjoy!