Mushroom Cauliflower Bake
We aren't afraid of a little cheese, but also, we want to pack in as many veggies as possible into our silky, bubbly sauces! This casserole hits all the marks; easy to make, cheesy, and veggie-heavy. As always, its made with our gluten free chickpea pasta!
Cook Time: 30 MINUTES
Serves: 2 to 4 PEOPLE
- 2 boxes of Banza Penne
- 1 head cauliflower (about 6-7 cups of florets)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 24 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- fresh sage, sliced into thin ribbons
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook Banza. Drain and rinse.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the cauliflower, and cook for 5 minutes until tender-crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cooked cauliflower to a blender with 2 cups broth, milk, oil, salt, and saut̩ed garlic. Puree until very smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Heat the 3 tablespoons butter in a very large skillet. Add the mushrooms and saut̩ until juices have been released and then re-absorbed.
- Toss the cooked pasta, cauliflower sauce, and mushrooms together. Add the remaining cup of broth to help the consistency stay saucy.
- Transfer to a deep 913 baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and bake uncovered at 400 for 10-15 minutes. Top with fresh sage ribbons.