Rigatoni with Prosciutto, Fresh Mint, and Peas
- 1 box Banza Rigatoni
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 lb prosciutto, finely diced
- 1/2 pound fresh peas
- 1 pint of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- Bring pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil over medium heat in a heavy saucepan. Add garlic, chopped shallots and red pepper flakes. Cook 2 -3 minutes until fragrant and golden brown in color.
- Add prosciutto and cook for 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add fresh peas, and cook until lightly browned but still crunchy. Add the cream and quickly bring to a boil for one minute, stirring contantly. Add parmesan cheese, stir and reduce heat to low.
- Drain pasta, toss with the sauce to coat. Sprinkle liberally with fresh mint, a crack of fresh pepper and extra parmesan.