Shells + White Cheddar with Parsnips, Leeks and Bacon
- 1 box Banza shells and white cheddar
- 1 large parsnip, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 _ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, more for drizzling
- Kosher salt and black pepper, as needed
- 1/4 pound bacon, diced
- 1 medium leek, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat oven to 400_F. Toss parsnips with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast, tossing occasionally, until parsnips are golden and tender, about 25 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the bacon until crisp, about 5 minutes; use a slotted spoon to transfer bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain. Chop into small bits when cool. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of fat from the pan.
- Return skillet to heat and add leeks. Cook in remaining bacon fat until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup milk and cheese packet. Simmer mixture until slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cook shells according to package instructions. Strain and add shells to leek skillet with roasted parsnips and chopped bacon. Top with parsley.